Sunday 10 April 2011

Adrenaline

Why do I update this so much? I swear, my friends have given up mostly. Eh, I enjoy blogging.

So, recently, me and Angel went to a local park to swing on swings and sit in a tree. We could hear the sound of the fun fair situated just a short walk away from us, and got to talking about it. She wanted to go, and I said we'll go after we eat some food. It's Angel; I'm hardly going to not go.

So after some chicken and potato, we set off to the fun fair. We start the way anyone would, walk up and down to find the best places. I don't go to fun fairs often, as I am, to understate, fairly sparingly adrenaline driven. I go on rollercoasters less, but generally any ride that lifts me off of a stable floor terrifies me. I'm even acrophobic (scared of heights).

Angel is... not. She said to me to definitely go on the rides, and she'll be next to me the whole time incase I get too scared. I even lost to her at Pokemon, an event we had made a bet on. I was, in 3 different ways, inable to escape the upcoming rides.

The first one was really not scary to me, as it was just a lot of spinning. 4 seats on 3 arms, with the arms being rotated, rotating in the direction counter to the direction they were spun. Essentially, we were thrown across a badly made triangle at reallt fast speeds. Angel alerted me on the high speeds we'd be going in and warned me against puting my arm around her incase it got squashed. She later flew into me. My arm would be fine.

It wasn't scary to be waiting for. It wasn't scary to be on! Well, aside from the human thought that we souldn't be able to move so quick then stop, dodging the walls and other seats. Once I got used to the speed, I reverted to my silly nature. I boogied to music, I made jokes about adrenaline packed bouncy castles... I actually asked a random person at the side of the ride for food!

Regardless, I got off the ride feeling dizzy.

Then came the most scary ride. We were spun and tilted, so at one point we were side on from the ground at a scary height. I was seated on a yellow seat, with Angel on my right. We could see an orange seat right in front of us, which she used to make me feel better. I like orange.

It was... ok. I was petrified whenthe height came into effect, but I used motivation of nerdfightaria and Ze Frank to have my eyes open for at least 2 rotations. Angel was proud.

Then, there was what can only be described as extreme teacups. Alongside falling into fast rotations, people that worked for the ride spun us around as we moved. I made a flirtatious comment to one of the joknigly early on. He laughed, at least. Angel and I were soon separated by centrifugal force, and I was given 4 forms of the floor. It was really freking fast. Sir Isaac Newton spent ages slapping me, and I warily pushed my central region away from the safety bar.

I actually wailed like a banshee. The ride that scared me most didn't make me scream like the extreme teacups did. While taking her home, I was still recalibrating my face.

Then came the carousel. I jokingly said it would be the most adrenaline packed one yet, and so we silly got on it. I want my pound back.

Dodgems. Not much to say. I put my seatbelt on wrong to start, and drove it like Wash from Firefly. At one point, I even thought of how to do a Crazy Ivan.

So all in all, Angel got me back to the funfair to have a damn good time. I love her to bits for scaring me to death. Not every day you can say that!!!

1 comment:

  1. mwahahaha we so have to go again! I'm seeing you on the 16th anyway :P Can scare you even more, mwahahahahaha XD

    ReplyDelete