Thursday 26 May 2011

Ideas

Here's a short back-story. Well, less story, more background info.

Here's some back-info: I like stories. Really impressive ones. The medium doesn't matter, though I can normally just not be bothered with books as they take effort and i am really freaking lazy.

Heck, everyone likes stories. You've probably been playing with lego and created a character in that tiny little model. That's why we like plays and movies and games. Because we like stories.

My dream job is to be a games designer, cause games are awesome but also because it's such a massive engine of story! You can create any characters in any world, and the players can create THEIR own stories as well! I've just got so many stories, I crave a way to show these.

What I'm currently doing? Scripts.

Which is great. Lots. I've got a colab going with my mate who I may have mentioned a name for, but have forgotten. Meh, he's now 'Nameless'. Basically, it recounts the time Kalvin met a girl online and things went... bad. I say '... bad', she dumped him when she say an image of him. It's kind of funny, if inaccurate.

There's also a sci-fi action comedy I've got in mind about an assassin company who basically have to deal with really, really bad rivals. Just to give you an idea of how bad they are, the good guys kill people for commission. The bad guys blow up trains to hit one target.

There's a series of the pantomime stories (Cinderella, Aladdin) being turned into a modern setting (most of the time) with a massively comic element. Can't think of many stories to do, but I definitely enjoy writing them.

I've also got a concept going of a schoolyard sketch-show, with loads of short skits set in school scenarios. This one's fairly new, but I had so many jokes about examination I couldn't NOT do it.

Then come in the ideas I have that wouldn't work in script form. I've got a massive sci-fi universe of 8 stories, three of which would make pretty good games. I've thought up a trilogy based around really deadly spells going psychopathic. The list goes on. One of these hasn't been put ON the list.

I'm boring you, aren't I? Sorry...

Well, here's a joke to make it up to you: A man is walking along and he sees a frog on the ground. The from says "Hello kind sir. Kiss me, and I'll turn into a beautiful princess!"
He just picks up the frog and continues to walk along. The frog says "When I'm a princess, I'll tell everyone of your amazing skills"
He thinks nothing of this. "I'll be your girlfriend for a month, fawning over you."
He doesn't care. "I'll do anything you want for a year!"
Meh. "What is wrong with you? I've promised to do anything for you, and you still won't kiss me?"
"I'm an engineering student. I've got no time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog is awesome!"

You've heard that before haven't you? Darn...

Oh well. I don't have much to say, really. Now I'm questioning why I, with my social life as active as it is, decided to blog about it.

Meh... What'cha gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment