Thursday 27 December 2012

My favourite things (not a song)

I figured I'd make a list. I like lists. All... listy. They're so practical!

Now, if you don't know what this is about, then read the title. I question why you didn't. Mad person. Angel has not been included so I can have something in the top five that isn't her.

5: Hoverboards

I mean, come on. They are wicked cool! I got mine in pink, because it's a manly colour!

Hoverboards were the peak of science idealisation which was the least likely to result in heavy injury to both user and civilian (I'm looking at you, jetpack). They're lightweight (literally), fast and pretty cheep to run! They come in a whole host of models, such as the mini-scoot or the Maddog, and each one of them has their own neat little touch.

I seriously could not imagine life without... Huh... According to wikipedia, they haven't been invented yet. I shall thus work on suppressing my rage, no matter how hard it tries to escape me. Stone faced. Totally pensive...

4: A goo- WHERE'S MY HOVERBOARD?!?!

I have waited and waited since I first saw Back to the Future 2. The hoverboard is the reason why it's my favourite film of all! I know I have to wait for 2015, but there should at least be legitimate video footage of the prototype! I WANT MY HOVERBOARD!!!



...Ahem...

4: A good story

Yup! I love me a nice strong tale. Be it fairy tale or Die Hard, I simply love a clever story.

But don't get me wrong. I don't like pretentious stories. There is a line between a clever story that wraps up the viewers imagination or delivers a strong sense of emotion and a story written to be clever and above you which any fan will defend with the phrase "you don't get it, do you?". If someone doesn't get it, then the story's not that well written.

Although, not all stories I like have to be written. Sometimes, it's a clever concept for a story that can impress me. Patented to Eadyu on deviantArt, there is a character for her series who is a vampire with a pretty impressive difference. Instead of vegetarianism or sparkling or immunity to sunlight, he has an overbite. How cool is that?! Screw teenage sex symbolism, I want a vampire with an overbite!

Alright, some stories are laughable. However, there is a theory that a horrible story can be made good if the right author gets a hold of it. Imagine if twilight was written by an author who turned Bella from a mary sue to a simple, self obsessed girl who grows to feel guilt over how disastrous her desires turn out but how powerless she is to stop it. You could even add in a moral about making the best out of life, no matter how bad it goes. Maybe you'd have to heavily tweak the baby subplot, but there's a chance for something good somewhere in there.

...It's a massive stretch, but I stand by the good-fiction version of rule 34.

3: Angel

How did this get in here? I said I wouldn't include her!

Apparently, she's so awesome that she hijacked the list. Pretend I said "the potential tablet pc hologram systems of the future" and let's move on.

2: This Gilet I am Currently Wearing

It is so awesome! This beats hoodies! It's light, quick to put on, a lot of pockets and stylish as heck! I'll admit it's more of a summer clothing choice, but I wear it in winter whenever I get the chance!

I am adding this to my Pokemon outfit! In the occasion that I am in a pokemon adventure, I will pick this Gilet as one of my costume choices. There's a white t-shirt and blue open shirt combo that I'll wear about half the time and a black t-shirt and blue gilet combo for other occasions. The pockets make it really handy for storing items and pokeballs and such. Only pokedex and pokemon, of course.

I admit I got this in order to complete a cosplay outfit, but that just counts as another bonus to me.

1: Happiness

Just in general. Best emotion. I think I've already discussed this, and if I haven't, then you can bet you won't be all that interested.

---

So that's my list. Now you know. Use it as you will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment